Calling all employers who want to hire motivated youth!
Are you an employer who wants to give youth opportunities for success through employment? If so, join our Employers' Network, and provide career opportunities for youth through the Phoenix Employment Program (PEP)!
Recently Phoenix received funding through the NS Department of Labour and Advanced Education to offer youth work readiness and on the job training, as well as a two-year, subsidized work term beginning early July, 2018!
Phoenix has been partnering with employers and educators to provide skills, education and opportunities for youth since 2000! The Phoenix Employment Program is designed to provide under-supported, unemployed or under-employed, young people, 18-29 years of age, with an innovative approach to addressing their unique barriers to employment. Participants will engage in a customized, 24-month work placement in a career of interest and be supported by Phoenix throughout the work placement through case management and peer support activities. Through the program, participants will gain workplace experience and opportunities to build confidence for a successful and sustainable transition into the workforce!
We’re Looking for Employers that…
- Create a welcoming, supportive environment.
- Provide a supervisor for the youth to act as a mentor and provide guidance.
- Provide feedback through ongoing performance reviews.
- Are able to commit to a 24-month work placement, starting mid-June/early July 2018 with potential to retain the youth following program completion.
- Will commit to supporting youth through skill development and advancement opportunities.
- Have opportunities in various fields including trades (carpentry, welding, plumbing, electrical, brick layer, general labour), sales, customer service, office adminstration, sport therapy, youth/childcare to name a few.
Benefits to Employers
As an Employer, there are a number of benefits to participate in the program:
- 70% wage subsidy for employers for duration of employment.
- 24-month employment commitment for 30 hours/week.
- Employer education and training (as required and ongoing).
- Ongoing participant and employer support and guidance.
- An opportunity to increase workplace diversity.
- A chance to connect with youth who are motivated and ready to work!
For more information contact Alicia MacDonald, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902-329-0844.