Help us make the season bright for youth and families by coordinating a donation drive at your office or school, or make your next event/get-together/party that much more meaningful by asking guests to donate items from our Holiday Wish List!
For 'stocking stuffing purposes', we ask that all items be dropped off on or before noon on Friday, December 13th, 2019 at the Phoenix Centre for Youth (6035 Coburg Road) Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The holidays are a wonderful time for giving, beyond our youth party we use items that we receive over the holidays to stock up for the rest of the year! Donations will always be accepted at 1094 Tower Rd., Halifax - Sunday to Saturday 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
1. Socks and underwear - as simple as it sounds, youth rely on donations to keep them warm and comfortable throughout the year. Thermal underwear would also be appreciated for the cold months, along with hand and feet warmers. Note: Male identifying youth prefer boxers and boxer briefs.
2. Bus tickets - Bus tickets provide a safe way for youth to get to their destinations.
3. Cold and wet weather clothing & accessories – ensure that Phoenix youth are well-equipped to weather the cold winter months. Coats, mittens, boots, umbrellas, rain jackets, gloves, hoodies, scarves and hats (toque-style) as well as warm blankets are great gift ideas.
4. Personal care products - deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrushes, razors, shaving cream, lip balm, shampoo, conditioner, hair styling products, feminine hygiene products and, skin cream are always in need, full-sized items preferred. No alcohol-based mouthwash, please. Note: Hair care products for natural and relaxed African Canadian hair are always appreciated
5. Gift certificates - examples include grocery and department stores, coffee shops, movie passes, pre-paid phone cards.
6. Age-appropriate items for children under 5 – you can choose to help Phoenix’s young parents by providing items for their children such as diapers, clothing, wet-wipes, hats & mittens, unwrapped toys, and baby food.
7. Art and stationery items - when school's out, youth have time to reflect, get creative and express themselves. Foster the creative with markers/pens, sketchbooks, journals, paint kits.
8. Apartment kick-start needs/household items – help a youth moving on to live independently to make their place feel like home by supplying sheets and pillowcases, towels & face cloths, dish cloths & towels, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, pillows, pots/pans, dishes, utensils, mixing bowls, bathroom supplies
Don't feel like shopping? Provide a financial gift instead to help ensure all needs are covered!