Phoenix Youth Programs has a vested interest in the wellbeing of youth, their families, the community we serve, our staff, and volunteers. These are challenging times, but we know that together we will support each other through this. With the rapidly evolving situation surrounding COVID-19 it is essential that we take measures to reduce the spread of the virus. We are making adjustments to our service delivery methods in some services to reduce exposure while still supporting youth, families, and communities. This involves supporting youth by phone, responding to social media, and providing outreach as necessary.
· Phoenix Youth Shelter, Phoenix House and Phoenix Homes for Independence (PHI) will continue to provide support 24/7 to youth currently engaged in those programs.
· Phoenix Centre for Youth (PCFY) will be closed to youth drop-in services as of Thursday, March 18th until further notice. PCFY supports and services will continue to be available by phone, toll free: 1-866-620-0676.
· Phoenix Youth and Family Therapy (PYFT) office is closed to face-to-face appointments but staff will continue to provide support by phone until further notice. PYFT will not be accepting any new referrals at this time.
· Phoenix Learning and Employment Centre (PLEC) is closed for face-to-face appointments but will continue to provide support by phone.
· Phoenix Youth Community Centre (PYCC) is closed but staff will continue to provide support by phone and outreach when necessary.
· Youth Outreach Program (YOP) will continue to offer support by phone. YOP will not be accepting any new referrals at this time.
· The Administration and Fund Development teams will be working remotely. The office at 5880 Spring Garden Rd. will be open on Tuesdays from 9 AM-12 PM and Thursdays from 1 PM-4 PM. For questions related to donations, tax receipts, and more, please contact 902-422-3105.
·To reduce the possibility of transmitting COVID-19, we are suspending all in-program volunteer activity and will not be accepting in-kind donations at this time. However, if you have items that directly reduce the spread of the virus such as mini hand-sanitizers, disposable disinfecting wipes, tissue, etc., please contact us directly at 902-422-3105 or via social media to arrange for drop-off/pick-up. Donations can also continue to be made online by visiting https://phoenixyouth.ca/ways-give
Connect with us and stay on top of any updates by following and messaging us on social media:
Twitter and Instagram: @PhoenixHFX
LinkedIn: Phoenix Youth Programs
We are truly appreciative of the Halifax community and will continue to ensure the safety and wellbeing of youth and staff as our top priority!