MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, FUND DEVELOPMENT
START DATE: MAY 29TH, 2023
Since 1987, Phoenix has been dedicated to supporting youth and contributing to a vibrant community. Phoenix’s eleven locations in Halifax, N.S. provide a continuum of care for youth aged 11-24 and their families. Our team of caring professionals recognizes that each person who comes to us has individual needs as well as strengths. People are the leaders in their own lives; Phoenix is a leader in supporting them.
A staff group that represents the diversity of the people and communities we serve is of the utmost importance. Phoenix is committed to reducing barriers to employment and career growth that have traditionally impacted members from the following groups, African Nova Scotians, Indigenous People, and Other Racially Visible Persons, Members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ Community, and Persons with Disabilities. If you are a member of one of these equity-seeking groups, you are encouraged to self-identify in your cover letter or your resume. We would also appreciate if you would share your pronouns in your cover letter or your resume.
Job Summary: Our Fund Development team is looking for a dynamic, outgoing, and creative multi-tasker to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Development and working collaboratively with the Fund Development team, the Marketing and Communications officer is responsible for the management, implementation and evaluation of the annual marketing and communications plan to inspire and engage our community. Our ideal candidate is a big-picture strategist with a fine-tuned ability to prioritize the details. This position is suited for an enthusiastic, creative, results-oriented professional who is detailed oriented with exceptional organizational, prioritization and planning skills, and who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Compensation: $55,000-$58,000 annual salary (based on qualifications and experience), comprehensive group medical insurance plan, Employee and Family Assistance Program, RRSP contribution, three weeks of vacation in the first year and increasing to four in the second, generous sick leave, a generous paid holiday schedule, in-house training and professional development opportunities.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with flexibility and evening and weekend work required during key event periods.
Location: 5880 Spring Garden Rd., Halifax.
Reports to: Director of Development, Fund Development.
Screening Requirements: Due to the sensitive nature of our work with youth, this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check including a vulnerable sector search, a child abuse register check and proof of education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Collateral design and production
• Writing, graphic design, organizing photo shoots and managing print production for fundraising initiatives, campaigns and communications such as annual report to the community, case for support, e-newsletters, special events, direct mail appeals, campaigns, brochures, grants and proposals, impact reports, etc.
• Ensuring adherence to brand guidelines and key messages
• Managing and organizing a database of content and images
Social media and website
• Monitoring all accounts
• Collecting and creating content for scheduled and organic posts
• Responding to communication via social platforms or directing appropriately
• Ensuring commitments are fulfilled for sponsorship and gift agreements
• Metrics and analytics tracking
• Manage website and regular updates including special event ticket platforms
Media and public relations
• Managing relationships with media outlets, conducting appearances and interviews
• Daily media scans
• Press releases and working with partners to provide key messages and brand guidelines
• Preparing and coaching for speaking engagements including youth, staff and volunteers and writing speaking notes as needed Community Engagement
• Representing Phoenix at events, third-party initiatives, program activities and events and engaging in public speaking opportunities
• Collect content and photos
• Posting content to social media
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising software is an asset.
• Ability to work productively both as an individual and as a creative, collaborative team member.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders.
• Understanding of social justice issues.
• Support the agency’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion through learning opportunities, critical self-reflection, and professional development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5 years relevant professional experience is preferred, however, an appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered.
• Excellent writing, presentation, and communication skills (writing samples may be requested).
• Experience in graphic design using Adobe Creative Suites (a portfolio may be requested).
• Experience in managing various social media platforms.
• Experience in organizing/coordinating multiple projects simultaneously.
• Experience in media relations including digital, print and broadcast.
• Willingness and ability to travel (locally).
• Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset.
TO APPLY: * Please note that interviews may take place during the posting period. Please forward a resume and a cover letter (in Word or as a PDF document) with pertinent information about your qualifications by Tuesday, May 23rd , 2023, at 11:59pm (ADT) to: firstname.lastname@example.org